The UFC is heading back Down Under. The promotion returns to Sydney, Australia on Saturday night for UFC 293, headlined by middleweight champion Israel Adesanya looking to defend his title against Sean Strickland in the main event. The fight kicks off Adesanya’s second reign as king at 185 pounds after recapturing the belt with a massive knockout of Alex Pereira in April.
Adesanya has long been a staple atop the middleweight division despite upset loss to Pereira last November. He has essentially cleaned out the top five with multiple wins over Robert Whittaker and Marvin Vettori, and victories over Jared Cannonier and Paulo Costa. In his way stands the No. 6 ranked fighter in Strickland, who gets the title shot on the back of two straight wins over Abus Magomedov and Nassourdine Imavov.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including a complete preview of UFC 293 in Australia on Saturday night below.
It’s far from the deepest undercard UFC has ever put together, but the matchups could still produce some fireworks for the Aussie crowd. Look no further than the co-main event where native son Tai Tuivasa is back against hard-hitting Russian heavyweight Alexander Volkov. Plus, more heavyweights help fill out the main card when Justin Tafa returns to take on Austen Lane in a rematch from earlier this year where an early eye poke resulted in a no contest.
Below is the complete fight card for UFC 293 along with the latest odds. Check back all week long for the latest news, features and other content around this massive event.
UFC 293 fight card, odds
- Israel Adesanya -650 vs. Sean Strickland +460, middleweight title
- Alexander Volkov -250 vs. Tai Tuivasa +205, heavyweights
- Manel Kape -380 vs. Felipe Dos Santos +300, flyweights
- Justin Tafa -220 vs. Austen Lane +180, heavyweights
- Anton Turkalj -120 vs. Tyson Pedro +100, light heavyweights
- Carlos Ulberg -270 vs. Da Woon Jung +220, light heavyweights
- Jack Jenkins -210 vs. Chepe Mariscal +175, featherweights
- Jamie Mullarkey -260 vs. John Makdessi +210, lightweights
- Nasrat Haqparast -475 vs. Landon Quinones +360, lightweights
- Charlie Radtke -300 vs. Mike Diamond +240, welterweights
- Shane Young -170 vs. Gabriel Miranda +145, featherweights
- Kevin Jousset -155 vs. Kiefer Crosbie +130, welterweights
UFC 293 info
- Date: Sept. 9
- Location: Qudos Bank Arena — Sydney, Australia
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV
UFC 293 Countdown
Who wins UFC 293: Adesanya vs. Strickland, and how exactly does each fight end? Visit SportsLine now to get detailed picks on every fight at UFC 293, all from the MMA expert who profited more than $6,200 in 2022, and find out.