Iowa State Cyclones @ BYU Cougars
Current Records: Iowa State 5-4, BYU 5-4
How To Watch
- When: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 10:15 p.m. ET
- Where: LaVell Edwards Stadium — Provo, Utah
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
What to Know
BYU will be in front of their home fans on Saturday, but a look at the spread shows they might need that home-field advantage. The BYU Cougars and the Iowa State Cyclones will face off in a Big 12 battle at 10:15 p.m. ET at LaVell Edwards Stadium. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W’.
BYU gave up the first points and the most points on Saturday. They were completely outmatched by West Virginia on the road and fell 37-7. BYU was in a tough position after the first half, with the score already sitting at 27-0.
Meanwhile, after a string of three wins, Iowa State’s good fortune finally ran out on Saturday. They fell 28-21 to Kansas. Iowa State didn’t live up to their potential and found themselves falling short of the advantage oddsmakers thought they had coming into the game.
Nobody from Iowa State had a standout game, but they got scores from Eli Sanders and Rocco Becht.
BYU bumped their record down to 5-4 with that loss, which was their fourth straight on the road. That rough patch could be blamed on the team’s lackluster offensive performance across that stretch, as they only averaged 12.8 points per game. As for Iowa State, their loss dropped their record down to 5-4.
Not only did Iowa State and BYU lose their last games, but neither team managed to cover the spread. Going forward, Iowa State is the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by seven points. This contest will be BYU’s fifth straight as the underdogs (so far over this stretch they are 1-3 against the spread).
Iowa State is a solid 7-point favorite against BYU, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7-point spread, and stayed right there.
The over/under is set at 41 points.
See college football picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Injury Report for BYU
- Caden Haws: out (Undisclosed)
- Kedon Slovis: questionable (Arm)
- Ben Bywater: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
- Micah Harper: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Kody Epps: probable (Undisclosed)
- Hinckley Ropati: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Talan Alfrey: out (Undisclosed)
- Darius Lassiter: out (Undisclosed)
- John Henry Daley: out (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Iowa State
- DeShawn Hanika: suspension (Suspension)
- Hunter Dekkers: out (Not Injury Related)